Saffron Rice Pudding
Vegan Saffron desert, filled with aromatic spices, using Quality saffron makes it rich in flavour, color, and taste.
- Rice (basmati or jasmine) 1/2cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Paradis saffron 1 100 mg sachet- Crushed
- Almond sliver 1/8 cup
- Rose water 1/4 cup
- Cardamom, 3-4 buds, Cardamom powder change the color of your desert
- Cinnamon, rose bud, pistachio sliver to garnish
- Butter 3 tbls (Optional) – non Vegan choice
Rinse the rice 2-3 times then cover it with water and soak overnight.
Discard the water and combine the rice with 5 cups of water. bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat,
stirring frequently, until the rice is softened, about 1 hour.
Add sugar and after 15 minutes add crushed Paradis saffron thread.
Next, add the almond sliver and rose water.
At the end add the butter(optional), cover the pot, and cook for 20 more minutes.
Serve in small serving bowls, let it cool down a bit then garnish with cinnamon. Let it set in the fridge for
a few hours before serving.