The recipe came as a fusion of West coast-Mediterranean with touch of saffron. Fennels add a sweet and savoury flavour. A nutritious meal or aside dish.
Servings: 4 (side dish)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 medium fennel bulb, sliced, keep the fronds for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 sachet of Paradis saffron threads (100mg)
- ½ lb Prawn, ½ scallop
- ½ cup soaked (over night), cooked and drained cannellini (white kidney) beans or 1 Can of 330ml drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Crush Paradis saffron thread and let it soak in white wine.
Heat olive oil in the pan over medium. Add sliced fennel, chopped shallots and garlic. Sautee and stir for 3-5 minutes until soft. Add the prawns and scallops,
Sautee and stir for another 2-3 minutes
Add saffron wine, stir.Add beans and close the lid.
Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
And Voila, Garnish it with fronds and few Paradis saffron long threads.
- May eat with rice or warm baguets.